Pages

Wednesday 30 December 2009

La Chata, The Zoo, and El Mirador

Since I been here in Guadalajara, I have been trying to eat at two restaurants: La Gorda and La Chata. I have been trying to because every time I pass by there the line is ridiculously long. One afternoon around 2pm, I decided to go to La Chata so that way I was there for lunch assuming there was not a lot of people. I was wrong, it was packed as much as dinner so today I went at 11:45am to get there before lunch time and I still had to wait 15 minutes but I finally sat down. I have to say, the food is good and the prices are reasonable: Avg 60 ($4.50 USD) pesos and the most expensive item is 110 pesos ($8.40 USD). As for the Guacamole, sorry grandmother, but theirs is better. The Carne Tampiqueña was really good. However, I have had better Cafe de Olla in the state of Guerrero. The service was good, really fast, and en joyful.

Later that day I visiteted the Guadalajara Zoo and Aquarium. It was nice, but I got to see lots of animals urinate and do dirty things to each other such as stick one's trunk all the way inside the rectum of another elephant. I guess that made my trip more interesting. After the zoo, I went to the end of the {en:Guadalajara Macrobus} line 1 to sit down, have dinner, and relax overlooking the Mirador.

At the end of the day, I met up with my cousins Paola and Jorge Luis and a friend of Jorge Luis named Ricardo. We went out for a few drinks and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment